Placer Repertory Theatre - Open Mic
- ❌ Covers permitted
- ✅ Profanity permitted
- ❌ Alcohol available
- ✅ Wheelchair-accessible stage
- ❌ Gender neutral bathroom
This performer order is scheduled in advanced. You have to email [email protected] to sign up.
An open-stage program for Incubation & Networking
LAB Events in 2022: 4th Wednesday, each month, January thru October at 7 PM
Q1: January 26, February 23, March 23
Q2: April 27, May 25, June 22
Q3: July 27, August 24, September 28
Q4: October 26
and don’t miss Placer Rep’s Annual Holiday Party on Wed, December 14!
FREE EVENT. RESERVE A SEAT on EVENTBRITE!
We are open and welcoming to positive energy and creativity from all walks of humanity and all disciplines. We focus on equity and inclusion for all.
FREE event. Sign up for a presentation slot (let us know what you’ll do & how much time you need).
- presenting via Zoom or in person?
Seating is socially distanced. According to the State of California, masks are required indoors until further notice.
(At your own discretion, presenters may remove their masks while presenting.)
NOTE: Yes, you may present a video that features your work or group, instead of performing live or on Zoom.
Collaboration LAB IS…
…AN OPEN STAGE FOR
- Visual artists (present your painting, costume design, video, latest work of fiber art…)
- Performing artists (actors, singers, musicians, composers, comedians, storytellers, dancers, acrobats, magicians, clowns, firebreathers…)
- Culture (writers of all genres, historical researchers, crafters & makers…)
- Humanities (history, sociology, psychology, anthropology…)
…YOUR STAGE FOR 5-10 MINUTES (present live, or share a digital recording)
- Share an idea or new research
- Try out new material
- Pitch a project for feedback or to find collaborators
- Practice and hone your craft for an audience
*Please select material appropriate for ages 16 and up.
Because you seek:
- to hone your skills
- to market yourself or your group
- feedback toward further development
- collaborators and networking
- to share your talent, knowledge or know-how
This program is offered socially distanced in-person and digitally via ZOOM until further notice.
There are a limited number of presentation slots.
Audiences: Visit Eventbrite.com to reserve a seat or receive the Zoom link.
For 2022, the company theme is “The Other,” about perspective taking. For the Collaboration Lab, we’ve translated the companywide theme to a LAB theme of “Windows to the World,” and are actively exploring perspective. How does perspective start, what is the biology and psychology behind perspectives?
2022 LAB Themes by Month:
- January – Looking Within
- February – Gazing Out
- March – Perspective Anima
- April – Evolving Perspectives
- May – Re-perception
- June – Prismatic Views: Examining Facets
- July – New Vistas
- August – TBA
- September – TBA
- October – TBA
Due to the November and December holiday season, the LAB does not host episodes in November and December.
But there is the Placer Rep Annual Holiday Party on Wednesday, December 14 – which is a party plus contests, games, a network/meet & greet, and an open stage.
- Sign up in advance to assure you receive a performance slot. Please arrive in-person (or be connected to the event/in the zoom waiting room) 15 minutes before your slot.
- Event participants without slots are “audience members.” Once the event begins, if any open slots remain or slots become open, they may be filled by audience members if the host invites the audience to present/perform.
- During presentations, for zoom participants: all videos should be off and mics muted, except for the current performer, unless unmuted by the host to allow feedback.
- Host/moderator has the authority to mute mics and hide video of participants, and to remove participants for cause.
- When participating via Zoom, you may provide feedback via chat or unmute your mic and enable your video to interact.
- The goal of Collaboration LAB is to INCUBATE & NETWORK! To develop talent, relationships and new works. This may only happen in a safe space to explore. Please provide constructive, supportive feedback, when feedback is requested. Mutual respect is required.
*We follow venue, city, county & state COVID guidelines.
We look to patrons, partners, sponsors, venues, institutions, city, county and state governmental entities for guidance on our health policies." -Placer Repertory Theatre
Note: event details can change!
Call before you haul.